Cardinal rule: my website, my rules. I am the highest authority on this domain and you should have no expectation of free speech.
Comments are heavily moderated and are approved at my discretion. I determine what is and isn't appropriate at any given time.
- Civil discourse is encouraged, so 90% of comments will likely be approved. Don't be shy about adding your voice.
- Dissenting opinions are allowed and welcome as long as they are respectful, productive and add to and elevate the conversation.
- If your comment is racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynistic, ableist, transphobic, derailing, promotes any kind of bigotry or is deemed offensive and impermissible by me, it will be deleted without explanation.
- Cardinal rule: DON'T STEAL MY BRAIN JUICE. I work very hard on everything I publish and I deserve to be credited and compensated for my labour. I do not approve of republication without express written permission from me. Permission may be sought by reaching out to me directly.
- I do charge republication fees. Rates are negotiable based on a number of factors. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis for academic works. Hyperlink citations are allowed and encouraged. Please explicitly credit me by name and link back to the original piece.
- If you're unsure if what you would like to do with my content constitutes fair or appropriate use, shoot me a quick email and I'll let you know, but a cursory definition of plagiarism should help you figure it out on your own.
- Sharing posts via social media is not a problem, and is in fact, heavily encouraged.
- To that end, if you think that I have used something without proper or adequate citation, let me know and I will fix it. A quick comment should suffice, but emails are also welcome.
General Expectations of Civility:
- At all times, please remember that I write this blog for myself in my spare time. I am not an educator on feminism or anti-racism. I am also not a monolithic voice for all black women. My opinions are mine and I speak only for myself. The purpose of this blog is not to provide an education, but simply to act as a venue for my opinions. That you might glean something from being here is delightful, but ultimately incidental.
- Because I often write about feminist issues as they relate to pop culture, I expect that commenters will have a base-level understanding of feminist theory and definitions. If you do not have this knowledge, know that much of the discussion may not be accessible to you. All readers are welcome, but please be mindful to do your own research before reaching out to me.
- Please take note of the working definition of racism that is used on this blog.
- I do not receive ad revenue from this website, and I do not owe anyone my time or attention. Please do not demand an explanation, tailored education, or approach my work with entitlement as you may be ignored and likely banned. Good faith inquiries may be entertained as depending on my mood when I find them. Always remember that Professor Google has 24/7 office hours.
- The rules of engagement will be strictly enforced. Check back regularly to see that there haven't been changes or additions, as it will be up to you to ensure you haven't broken the rules. Not having read them before commenting will not be considered a valid justification for breaching them. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my work.